SHBC Kids >> Birth-Grade 5
SHBC Kids is an exciting ministry where kids learn about Jesus and how to worship Him. We want kids to LOVE church, grow in a relationship with Jesus, and learn all about ways they can spread the gospel. We offer programs for babies - PreK on Sunday mornings during our two worship services and for babies - 5th grade on Wednesday nights.
What to Expect
Every Sunday, our "Littles" (birth - PreK) will go through a check-in process that help ensure their safety during the worship services. They will then go to their age-appropriate classroom. Classes include:
- Babies (Ages 0-1)
- Toddlers (1-2)
- Pre-K (3-4)
In class, children play and enjoy a hands-on lesson from God’s word. They will also be given materials to help encourage further discussion with their families throughout the week. We encourage parents to take this opportunity to disciple and share special conversations with their children.
We offer midweek Kids Grow Groups. Just like Sundays, kids go through a check-in process to ensure their safety during their during their program. Classes include:
- Littles (Ages 0-3)
- Younger Kids (Grades 1-5)
- Pre-Teens (Grades 6-8)
Kids enjoy a time of worship, Bible study, and learning about Christian missionaries. In worship, they experience upbeat inspirational songs and prayer time. During Bible study, they enjoy a hands-on lesson from God’s word. In missions, they learn about missionaries all over the world and serve in missions projects in our community.
We have exciting SHBC Kids events throughout the year that are open to the church and community. Main events include:
- Fall Fest - Games, candy, food, and lots of safe family fun!
- PJs & Pancakes - The annual Christmas Party where we have a big birthday party for Jesus!
- Easter Egg Hunt - A fun and fast event to enjoy the Saturday before Easter. Over 1,000 eggs to hunt!
- VBS - The BEST week of the summer! Vacation Bible School is a free camp for kids ages K-5th grade. During this half-day camp, your child will experience energetic worship, Bible study, hands-on crafts
andgizmos, hear stories of real kid missionaries, and play fun recreational games! It's a blast!